What Are Class B Motorhomes?
Class B motorhomes, also referred to as “camper vans”, are the smallest of the three classes of motorhomes; providing a luxurious and comfortable travel experience, without the strain of a full sized motor-coach.
Class B motorhomes are built using an automotive manufactured van chassis; which provides smooth drivability and easy parking, a great feature to transport you from bustling city amenities to wilderness adventures. One of the most underrated features of the Class B motorhome is the expertly designed raised roof, which provides enough space for standing – making this pint-sized contender a real all-in-one home on wheels.
The days of choosing between the amenities of a Class A or Class C motorhome, and the ease of a Class B, are history! At General RV Center we stock a full line of camper vans that will quickly make you feel right at home, out on the road.
Class B Motorhome – Key Benefits
- Traditional Class B motorhomes are typically small enough to fit into your garage and most parking spaces, making it a viable option to use for both recreational needs, and as a full-time family vehicle.
- Class B motorhomes are very easy to drive and can fit into the tightest of camping sites which provides your family with more time for adventures and less time setting up.
- Class B motorhomes can get double or even triple the gas mileage of most Class A and C models.
- Class B motorhomes now offer flawless interior designs to provide the perfect living space and comfort for a couple, or family of 4.
Browse New and Used Class B Motorhomes
RV Manufacturers have heard the consumers increased demand for Class B motorhomes and they’ve listened.and they are not letting us down! With a variety of new “camper van” brands being introduced this year, General RV Center is excited to announce that we are carrying full lines of Class B motorhomes from our top manufacturers. For example, this year we welcome to the stage the Gemini and Synergy – Class B+ motorhomes from Thor Motor Coach Company.
For a full list of our Class B inventory click here or if you have any questions on which brands or floorplans would be a good fit for you contact our experienced sales department at 888-436-7578.
Next we’ll dive into the features and amenities of two popular Class B models from Coachmen.
Crossfit Motorhome by Coachmen RV
Coachmen RV is also offering two award-winning B-Van vehicles for those seeking a luxurious home away from home. The Crossfit was named one of RV Business’s 2017 Top RV Debuts and bills itself as the ultimate touring vehicle. With key features such as its unrivaled fuel economy and 3.7L Ti-VCT V6 Gas Engine, in combination with the world renowned Ford reliability, this Class B is both practical, and safe. However the feature that makes this motor-coach an all in one for the travel enthusiast is its unbeatable comfort.
Start your trip by taking in the scenic views of your route through the crystal-clear, frameless windows. Front seat travelers can enjoy the expertly designed captain’s chairs, that ensure a comfortable ride, no matter how long the trip. After the easy and smooth transition into your campsite is complete, take in all of the wonderful interior features that will be sure to make you feel as if you haven’t even left home. This new model can be tailored to all of your needs, just take a look at these great features!.
- Available solar upgrades
- Ford Transit 350 HD engine
- Two burner, LP induction cooktop
- Kenwood Infotainment system that includes Carplay, HD radio, CD and DVD player, Blu-tooth connectivity, Pandora and Wi-Fi capabilities.
- 2.8KW Gas generator
- Carefree armless awning with wind sensing technology and LED lighting
- Low-profile 13,500 A/C
- Multiplex system controlled via smart phone
Galleria Motorhome by Coachmen RV
Coachmen RV and Mercedes have combined their decade’s worth of experience to shake the RV world with the all new Galleria; a Class B motorhome that provides you with the established quality and luxury of a Mercedes, at an unbeatable value. This travelers dream come true is built on the award winning 3500 Mercedes Sprinter extended-platform. The Galleria runs on one of the cleanest turbo-diesel engines to ever hit the market, the “Blue TEC” engine. “Blue TEC” engines deliver an impressive 325 ft lb of torque while still providing excellent fuel economy; the perfect features for a future award winning motorhome.
Galleria uses high end components such as the Truma Combi; a combination water heater and forced-air furnace appliance, as well as the Onan generator which offers precise temperature control, ensuring you’re always comfortable regardless of the weather. Read more in our Galleria RV Overview.
Motorhome’s Key Features
- Mercedes 3.0L Turbo V6 diesel engine
- Firefly MultiPlex system
- Auto start feature
- True lay-flat memory foam power sofa (Industry first)
- High gloss cherry interior cabinetry
- Blind spot monitoring/Lane assist sensor
- Standard 300 AMP Hour AGM Battery with 2,000 W Pure Sine Wave Inverter (2,000 W Pure Sine Wave Inverter powers microwave and all outlets, not A/C)
- 5-Speed automatic transmission
Axion Motorhome by Carado
The Carado method to motorhome production is to provide the single or couple travelers with all the essentials for a no-frills adventurous lifestyle. This Class B camper van features all the equipment and space necessary to travel where you want, when you want – no reservations required. With a shorter total length at 17’9”, the Cardo Axion provides the easiest maneuvering on the market.
The Carado Axion is ideal for those seeking on the road adventures with a focus on comfort and ease. This model offers a generous 6’2” interior standing height, the perfect size to allow easy maneuverability. In the rear of the van you’ll find dual access to the full wet-dry bath; track in less dirt by accessing this room from the rear doors. Ready to spend a relaxing night in? Utilize the built-in 12V refrigerator for storage and 700W microwave or two burner stove top for all of your cooking needs. This fully equipped kitchen also features a sink, pantry, and expandable countertop.
Now it’s time to pop up the front table and enjoy that home cooked meal. Whether you swivel the captain’s chairs to face the rear, or kick back on the coach, you are sure to feel right at home in this all-in-one, home on wheels.
Upgrades to customize your Carado Class B camper van include a 22” HD TV mounted on a rotating bracket, a 400W lithium power module, and even a stability program that’s expertly designed to keep your vehicle safely on the road, at all times.
- Automatic propane heating system
- 200 watt solar panels to help offset power use
- 3.1 cubic foot refrigerator
- Full-length wardrobe with deep drawer storage
- External propane hook up for a portable BBQ or camp stove
- Optional EcoTrek lithium batteries to extend your travels
If the class B motorhome lifestyle sounds like a good fit for you, browse our entire camper van inventory or chat with a B-Van specialist today.