Last Updated on August 13, 2021 by Christina
Even though a lot of RVs are comfortable, space still comes at a premium. The more organized you are the more you will enjoy traveling in your motorhome or travel trailer. There are a few key areas that can easily become cluttered without careful planning. Check out these 5 RV tips for keeping your RV organized.
Use cabinet door organizers for awkward items like spatulas, large spoons and other utensils that don’t fit well in cutlery trays. Get more counter and cupboard space by investing in cereal dispensers so you don’t have bulky boxes to store. Save valuable drawer and counter space by hanging knives on the wall in your kitchen.
Hang anything you can in the under-side of cabinets. For example paper towel holders, spice racks, paper plate dispensers or measuring cups on small hooks are all things that would work. Consolidating herbs and spices into single containers is another great space-saving idea.
• Use organizers that hang from shower heads for shampoo, conditioner and other products
• Hang oral hygiene supplies and utensils on the wall
• Hang organizers from shower curtain rods for all your hygiene products
• Put sticky hooks or organizers on the back of your bathroom door for towels, wash clothes, and other items
• Old mason jars with lids affixed to the underside of a shelf are great for items like cotton swabs, small bars of soap, band aids, makeup or other small items.
This is a tedious task but a huge time- and stress-saver when out on the road. Pack things like clothing, the kid’s toys, camping gear, swimming essentials and things you won’t need until later in large storage bins. Label them so you can easily find what you are looking for when you need it. Otherwise you’ll find yourself dumping things out all over the floor of your RV looking for what you need.
There isn’t one way to organize an RV. You can find tons of ideas on the internet on sites like Pinterest. Look for areas of under-utilized space in your towable or drivable RV. The more spaces you can take advantage of in your RV, the more things you’ll be able to take with you meaning the more prepared you’ll be for anything that comes up on your next trip.
Other Spaces and Ideas
Here is a short list of ideas for storage that you might not have thought of:
- Backs of doors
- Broom holders for flash lights
- Hanging waste basket for inside cupboard doors
- Hooks on the sides of shelves
- Velcro for small and essential items (like remotes)
- Hanging organizers
- Hideaway hooks
- A “Drop zone” for keys and sunglasses
- Peg boards
What organization ideas do you have? Join in the conversation by commenting below.